Welcome to InfoStation!
Thomas H Greco, Jr
- Henry George
- corporate charters
- facilitation of bank-created spending power
- government overreach and monetary inflation
- what money is
- decentralizing power
- . . .
- She describes how, starting from studies in religion and sociology, through law school she came to historical study of money as an institution.
- Making Money: Coin, Currency, and the Coming of Capitalism
- "money, it turns out, really is a contract.
- "The reason money can be designed in different ways is that you can make an agreement to pay in different ways and with different conditions and characteristics. And changing that kind of monetary contract is what communities do when they’re redesigning money.
- "To get really specific, what the book does is take a trip back in time to understand early kinds of money as a contract and then compare them to the new modern design.
- "I thought I really needed to understand what the silver penny is because, according to economists, it’s just a thing.
- "The fact that it contains silver was only one of its characteristics and not the one that made it operate particularly as money."
Henry George 2.0
teb.infostation1.net -- music composed by Thomas E Barker
Building an ecological fish farm
To access uploaded content, proceed to any of these folders: